Steel Cage Match: Green Day vs. Weezer

Thursday, March 4, 2010

I've been thinking about this one for a while now and I want to know what other people think, so this is kind of a survey. My main question is "Green Day vs. Weezer: Who has had the bigger downfall?" In my opinion, they were both great bands at one time and now are just pretty awful. Green Day had the first two on Lookout! that were pretty damn good, Dookie is fantastic, and Insomniac isn't bad. Weezer had the Blue Album and Pinkerton, both basically perfect, and maybe you could at least say the Green Album was ok, maybe. Now there are all kinds of ways to look at this, like "If you had free tickets to see either one now, who would you rather see?" Would you rather have the chance of hearing Welcome to Paradise followed by American Idiot or Say It Ain't So followed by Beverly Hills? Also, "If you were on a deserted island and had to pick between having Green Day's entire catalog or Weezer's for the rest of your life?" Or maybe just "Who has the better overall career?" You decide! I don't know that I have a definite answer but I have some good thoughts. And, there are probably some other bands that could fit into this discussion but I can't think of them off the top of my head. So, let us know what you think!

1 comments:

Ryan March 5, 2010 at 9:12 AM  

I'd take Weezer, no question. Their early output was better, and Green Day's latter output was worse. Plus going to a Green Day concert might mean having to listen to "Good Riddance" or "21 Guns". No thanks.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP