Flying Dilla Changed My Life

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I’ve never been much of a fan of remixes but recently that seems to be changing. I think it all stared after I posted the Adult Swim ATL Remix album. There really aren’t that many great songs on it, maybe only 3 or 4, but I’ve probably been listening to the Gucci Mane / Flying Lotus track “Photoshoot” close to 10 times a day. I’m borderline embarrassed to say this because I’m still not sure what I think of Gucci Mane as a rapper, but after hearing Big Boi’s Shine Blockas I’m about 95% sold. But, this is not about Gucci. It’s about Flying Lotus and J Dilla, but mostly Flying Lotus. The beat to Photoshoot absolutely kills me, so I had to check out some more of his stuff and it’s really, really good. The album Los Angeles is fantastic, but I really dig the remixes, and when I found the remix of Dilla’s Lightworks it was all over. It has one of the filthiest beats I’ve ever heard, it’s short, and he’s remixing probably the best hip-hop producer that ever lived. I set out to make this strictly about Flying Lotus & J Dilla but I don’t think I can pass up posting a few more songs, so I’ll post ‘em and you listen to ‘em. The system works.

Lightworks – J Dilla

Ltwxrmx - Flying Lotus


Photoshoot – Gucci Mane (Flying Lotus Remix)


A Milli – Lil’ Wayne (Flying Lotus Remix)


Beginners Falafel – Flying Lotus (from the album Los Angeles)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP