Tyler's 2009 Lists

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Ok, so I'm gonna list off the 20 albums I enjoyed from this year and then follow it up with a list of my top 25 tracks from 2009. Only 20 albums because, honestly, I find it frustrating to find five more that I can truly say that I enjoyed and can listen the whole way through. I will go ahead and use those five I didn't use and replace them with a list of 2009's worst. Now I'm not gonna lie, there are some definite similarities among Ryan's, Kyle's, and my lists but that's what happens sometimes when you've come from the same musical womb. I was just gonna go ahead and name my lists "The Situation" but unfortunately somebody already has that nickname. Lucky dude.

20 Albums
- "The Issue"

20. Neon Indian - Psychic Chasms
19. The xx - xx
18. Weird Tapes - Get Religion
17. Lily Allen - It's Not Me, It's You
16. The Mercury Program - Chez Viking
15. Washed Out - Life of Leisure
14. Delorean - Ayrton Senna
13. P.O.S. - Never Better
12.
Flight of the Conchords - I Told You I Was Freaky
11. Discovery - LP
10. Royksopp - Junior
9.
Wild Beasts - Two Dancers
8. New Ruins - We Make Our Own Bad Luck
7. Manchester Orchestra - Mean Everything To Nothing
6. Japandroids - Post-Nothing
5. The Most Serene Republic - ...And The Ever Expanding Universe
4. Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
3. Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion
2. Passion Pit - Manners
1. Junior Boys - Begone Dull Care

25 Tracks - "The Dilemma"

25. Fever Ray - If I Had A Heart
24. The Big Pink - Velvet
23. White Belt, Yellow Tag - You're Not Invincible
22. P.O.S. - Never Better
21. Wild Beasts - All The Kings Men
20. Japandroids - Sovereignty
19. Delorean - Deli
18. Animal Collective - Brother Sport
17. Kid Cudi - Day 'N Nite (Crookers Remix)
16. Neon Indian - Deadbeat Summer
15.
Junior Boys - Hazel
14. The Mercury Program - Chez Viking
13. Discovery - Swing Tree
12. Manchester Orchestra - I've Got Friends
11.
Washed Out - Feel It All Around
10. Royksopp - Happy Up Here
9. The xx - Basic Space
8. Passion Pit - The Reeling
7. The Most Serene Republic - Heavens To Purgatory
6. Grizzly Bear - Two Weeks
5. Dirty Projectors - Stillness Is The Move
4. Passion Pit - Sleepyhead
3. Phoenix - Lisztomania
2. Junior Boys - Parallel Lines
1.
Animal Collective - My Girls

5 Worst Albums of 2009

5. Daughtry - Tougher Than You Want
4.
Black Eyed Peas - Songs Made From Picking Samples From A Hat
3.
Jonas Brothers - A Scarf And A Guitar
2.
U2 - We're Even Sick Of Us
1.
Green Day - We Had To Create Another Band Cause This One Has Turned Into Crud

Sorry, that wasn't funny, but Murry Krimus either way.

2 comments:

Unknown January 8, 2010 at 1:47 PM  

Overall good effort. Although "Hazel" should out rank "Parallel Lines." Also, would have to pick "Terminally Chill" from Neon Indian over "Deadbeat Summer." Try harder next time.

Ryan January 10, 2010 at 3:25 PM  

I would totally agree with the call on "Sleepyhead", It's the best song on Manners, but I didn't include it on my list because it was released on their ep in 2008. I know, I'm a nerd.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP