The National (and Some Other Guy) Perform "Afraid of Everyone" on Letterman

Friday, May 14, 2010

I'm going to be up front: This is not an objective post. If you've followed this blog at all, I've made it pretty apparent what I think of The National and their music. In fact, a few weeks ago I referred to them as "the best band this side of the Atlantic". I know, that's a pretty lofty declaration. I also know that anything I say beyond this point will probably now be chalked up to fanboy bias. But don't allow that to distract you; the proof is in the music. High Violet has done nothing but solidify their status as one of the best bands out there. And, by the way, if you somehow need more proof, look no further than their performance on The Late Show last night. They brought Sufjan-freaking-Stevens on stage with them, tossed him over to the side, had him oooooh and ahhhhhh and shake a tamborine a little bit, and that was it. His name was never even mentioned! I realize the guy isn't a household personality, but he did manage to produce one of the most critically acclaimed albums of the 00s, didn't he? Anyway, this song is filthy good. Check it:


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP